Sunday, June 26, 2011

In Time

Rhythm is fingers against the pavement
waving false sentiment into the sun
and forwarding emails,

farewell movie stars,
trailers that live inside populous
falsehood and watery forgiveness,
where I wept inside my jeans
and forgot to make the bed.

Lonely mastery of ourselves,
only makes the landing quieter
and the stemmed borrowing
from this earth that much lighter.

If I were
to weave in and out
enough butchered English
would you love me again?
Would the sun rise just so as
it once had, once more,
once upon a time.
Marry Poppins lost her suitcase again,
and I forwarded an email.

Men are so clean,
so dashing, and so mean,
and I flail like a small child in pajamas,
pretending my cell phone is a space ship,
and waiting for when what have you
is enough.

Well, as long as I wait,
it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment