Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Letting Go

I am changed.  Say the wise chirping newborns.  Who have become; and are life-force and energy with bodies, like sweet things.  (In response to myself I think: sweet things?  As opposed to what other things?  We are incapable of thinking outside of dualism.  But the truth is not dual.)

But I am still exactly the same.  I see that I am growing, and I see that I have thrown off many many different scaly exteriors.  But there is always more to throw off.  Like a snake; who never ceases her shedding. 

But…but…but…but…

If I said that I believed in God would the fighting stop?  Would the angry, hurt and fearful hearts inside each of us put down their swords, having been cast into blindness by foolhardy and swift realization?

A friend said recently that there is the ridiculous,the beautiful and then there is pain.  This is as close as I think I will ever come to answering a question such as God.

In the richness, in the composite darkness, in the cheesiness, in the simplicity of the best kind of raucous laughter, in the beauty that is so deep and so everywhere:  why, oh why, do we think we need to believe in anything at all?  There is so much meaning in life without even words, friends.  Without even words.  Haha!

It would be useful for us to learn to see suffering, mistakes and hardship just as what they are.  It would be useful for us to figure out how to alleviate suffering without creating more of it in turn.  It would be useful for us, also, to let go. 

If I have a religion, letting go is it.

1 comment:

  1. Zac, Has thee been reading Eckhardt again? Try looking at Sandra Cronk's article on Gelassenheit in the Mennonite Quarterly Review ca. 1981.

    ReplyDelete