Friday, January 7, 2011

this moment shines

Did you hear the joke about the pessimist and the optimist? The pessimist said, "it couldn't get any worse." Then the optimist retorted, "Oh yes it can!"

With the title of this post and with the title of this blog, I am not asserting that this moment or that moment shines like raining-happiness-kumbayyah. Every moment is immanent, simply. Every moment is visceral-meets-temporal; where material existence meets the conundrum of change and imperceptibility. In other words, moments by virtue of their being show us. Moments take as their fundamental principle demonstration, indication or illustration. Moments are moments only in so far as they are connected in relation to each other, to offer a sense that the world is concrete and physical (what I mean by material). This and that moment shine because all moments shine--illuminating the world we understand to exist around us.

Essentially, this blog is about my life. But I have chosen only to write things here that I consider to be the substance of what is shown. I want to share what I consider to be major revelations. These, other than the first post, will come from a reflection derived from my own day-to-day experiences. I have no idea what is entailed in this effort, so what follows is likely to be as confusing, fascinating, boring, odd, and rarely if ever inspiring to me as it will to you.

For now,
Zachary

No comments:

Post a Comment